Grouping products

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

Grouping products

Postby aaron_bonntech » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:11 pm

Hi Team

We have integrated our Jiwa to Prestashop for online store activity. Prestashop has the capability to group products such that;
ACME White Porcelain Plate 22cm and ACME White Porcelain Plate 14cm can be grouped when shopping so that you have ACME Porcelain Plate with two options for 22cm and 14cm - even though the product ref for these two products will be different. We have been messing around with using three fields, namely BRAND, RANGE and a Custom Text field for grouping - but we think we really need a Parent/Grouping fields to bring together ranges.

Our dream is a lookup, that incorporates ID, BRAND, RANGE and CustomText where we can add this lookup to products with a dropdown in the form of pipe delimited BRAND | RANGE | CUSTOMTEXT, but that sets the group id on the product.

This will enable JIWA users, to create product groups and assign them to products. The ID linkage means string changes in CustomText, Brand or Range will not impact on the grouping. BRAND and RANGE are already lookups in our Jiwa - so these could be Lookups inside our new grouping Lookup.

Are you able to assist in regards to (a) is this possible, or (b) have you encountered this notion before and is there a better/another way?

Thanks in anticipation!
aaron_bonntech
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Grouping products

Postby SBarnes » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:53 pm

My first question is Jiwa provide categories 1 - 5, are all of these being used as they would cover your brand and range lists?

As for the custom text field Jiwa provides a mechanism for adding custom fields to an inventory item through its plugin system. You can add a text field by go to System Settings -> Plugins - Plugin Maintenance, create a new plugin and add your fields under custom fields, enable the plugin and save it then logout and log back in and these fields will appear under inventory maintenance -> Custom Fields.

You could then simply create a view combining the database fields you want and then create a custom api route to access this.

If this seems too difficult you can always ask Jiwa to provide a quote to do all of this.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Re: Grouping products

Postby Mike.Sheen » Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:58 am

In a coming release we have introduced web store categories DEV-7713 - That might suit if all you need to do is relate products for a web store.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Return to Technical and or Programming