ToDo notifications assignment  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

ToDo notifications assignment

Postby JuiceyBrucey » Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:33 pm

Hi,
When a ToDo notification is inserted, does the popup only appear on the terminal of the user that the notification is assigned to?
Is there a way of making it popup on all terminals?
thank you.
Cheers
JuiceyBrucey
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Topics Solved: 1

Re: ToDo notifications assignment

Postby SBarnes » Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:48 pm

Look at collaborations on the to do, I think that should do what you want.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Postby JuiceyBrucey » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:56 pm

Thank you for reply.
I had a look at collaborations but it appears to me to be on a per ToDo basis, as in I would have to set it manually for each ToDo notice.
Is that correct?
What I am looking for is a setting that makes the ToDo appear on all terminals from this time forwards without any intervention at all.
Is that possible?
thank you.
Cheers
JuiceyBrucey
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby SBarnes » Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:13 pm

No there isn't but the to do is a business object and has a create end event, you could is a business logic plugin attach to the create end event and add the users as collaborators there in one method and one spot and achieve what you want.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Postby Mike.Sheen » Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:38 pm

JuiceyBrucey wrote:What I am looking for is a setting that makes the ToDo appear on all terminals from this time forwards without any intervention at all.

That sounds positively awful.

We don't have a built-in setting for that, but as always plugins can do anything you want - a desktop notification is what we use in the application for the todo notification - this old sample plugin uses a desktop notification for a different purpose - but it shows how to do it : viewtopic.php?f=27&t=305

Providing you a complete working example isn't something we can afford to do for free, so if you get stuck you'll have to engage our helpdesk to get a quote for doing the work for you.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Postby JuiceyBrucey » Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:35 am

"That sounds positively awful" LOL, ok.
My client has requested it so that whoever is available at the time can take control of the quote request. It seems logical to me.
Is there another reason why you would say it is awful?
If there is some reason that makes sense, I will convey it to my client.
I will check out the link and see how I go. If it gets too sticky I will send in a ticket.
Thank you.
Cheers
JuiceyBrucey
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby SBarnes » Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:39 am

Whilst I can't speak for Mike and I wouldn't do so isn't there the risk that tasks will get doubled up on? i.e. two or more people respond to the same request
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Postby Mike.Sheen » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:59 am

JuiceyBrucey wrote:"That sounds positively awful" LOL, ok.
My client has requested it so that whoever is available at the time can take control of the quote request. It seems logical to me.
Is there another reason why you would say it is awful?
If there is some reason that makes sense, I will convey it to my client.
I will check out the link and see how I go. If it gets too sticky I will send in a ticket.
Thank you.
Cheers

1. Use a group staff group membership to limit which staff members get the notification. This gives flexibility into the future as to who gets the notification and lets the customer control that themselves.
2. Desktop notifications are ephemeral. Once the notification toast fades away automatically or is dismissed pre-emptively by the user, it's gone. The user could be looking out the window and not even see the notification - this is an indication that it cannot be the only mechanism for being aware of the notification. Hence the collaborations Stuart suggested - they'll appear in the user's TODO list.
3. As Stuart suggested, who is responsible for actioning a desktop toast notification if it's sent to all users?
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Postby JuiceyBrucey » Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:50 am

Yes, there is the possibility of doubling up. Does this mean that there is no mechanism that once someone starts working on it, it cannot be worked on by another?
If there is no mechanism, yep, doubling up is a real possibility.

So creating a group staff group sounds workable.
So does this mean everyone in the group gets the message?
Can I add current staff members to the group without it affecting their current status and settings?
I assume that this will not stop doubling up issues if that problem exists, is that correct?
Is it possible to set the popup so it pops up and stays popped up until either someone takes the job or it is dismissed at the terminal?
Thank you
JuiceyBrucey
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby JuiceyBrucey » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:37 pm

So we currently have a staff member whos username is Admin, and we have a user group called Admin which has three members in it.
Does the ToDo notification distinguish between the two?
Will it display a popup to all the members of the user group "Admin"?
Just a bit confused as if I set up the ToDo to go to a user called Admin, who will it go to?
Thank you
Cheers
JuiceyBrucey
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Next

Return to Technical and or Programming