Custom Search - Cashbook  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

Custom Search - Cashbook

Postby JohnBiddick » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:06 pm

We have created a plugin to add a custom search window that includes the Description field from the batch header as a custom search column which works fine. In the .SQLStr we have included a filter where ReceiptPayment = 0, which works well for Cashbook Receipts, however the same custom search appears in Cashbook Payments and our custom search still shows only Cashbook Receipts. How can we modify the plugin so that our custom search shows only Receipt transactions in Cashbook Receipts and only Payments transactions in Cashbook Payments?
JohnBiddick
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Custom Search - Cashbook

Postby Mike.Sheen » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:06 pm

JohnBiddick wrote:We have created a plugin to add a custom search window that includes the Description field from the batch header as a custom search column which works fine. In the .SQLStr we have included a filter where ReceiptPayment = 0, which works well for Cashbook Receipts, however the same custom search appears in Cashbook Payments and our custom search still shows only Cashbook Receipts. How can we modify the plugin so that our custom search shows only Receipt transactions in Cashbook Receipts and only Payments transactions in Cashbook Payments?

Hi John,

Can you attach here a plugin showing how you added the custom search? I can modify it to demonstrate what you require - without knowing precisely how you added the custom search it's a bit tricky to explain how as there are several ways to add a custom search.

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Postby JohnBiddick » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:55 am

Morning Mike

File attached
Thanks
Attachments
Plugin AERP Custom Search - Cashbook.zip
(4.89 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
JohnBiddick
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Mike.Sheen » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:29 am

Hi John,

Attached is a modified version of your plugin which I think does what you want. I simply altered the query to examine the FilterNo and adjust the SQL accordingly - Cash Book Receipts is FilterNo 550, Payments is 551.

Plugin AERP Custom Search - Cashbook.xml
(33.03 KiB) Downloaded 182 times

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Postby JohnBiddick » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:56 am

Hi Mike

Trevor here using John's login.

We have loaded your amended Plugin without success. It doesn't matter whether I go into Cashbook Receipts or Cashbook Payments the custom search plugin is showing both payments and receipts. What we require is just receipts for cashbook receipts and payments for cashbook payments.

Are you able to see where we are going wrong?

Kind regards
Trevor
JohnBiddick
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Custom Search - Cashbook  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:02 am

Hi Trevor/John,

Modified plugin attached - just needed to add a WHERE clause to include the receipt type check.

Plugin AERP Custom Search - Cashbook.xml
Sample Plugin
(33.07 KiB) Downloaded 170 times

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Postby JohnBiddick » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:36 pm

Thanks Mike

That works well.

Regards
Trevor/John
JohnBiddick
I'm new here