Run plugin when field changed  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

Run plugin when field changed

Postby DannyC » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:06 pm

Hi,

I have the following plugin code which I want to fire when a field has been changed but only when it has lost focus. Currently this fires on every character entered into a field.
Code: Select all
Public Class FormPlugin
    Inherits System.MarshalByRefObject
    Implements JiwaApplication.IJiwaFormPlugin

Public Overrides Function InitializeLifetimeService() As Object
        ' returning null here will prevent the lease manager
        ' from deleting the Object.
        Return Nothing
    End Function

Public Sub SetupBeforeHandlers(ByVal JiwaForm As JiwaApplication.IJiwaForm, ByVal Plugin As JiwaApplication.Plugin.Plugin) Implements JiwaApplication.IJiwaFormPlugin.SetupBeforeHandlers
    End Sub

Public Sub Setup(ByVal JiwaForm As JiwaApplication.IJiwaForm, ByVal Plugin As JiwaApplication.Plugin.Plugin) Implements JiwaApplication.IJiwaFormPlugin.Setup
      Dim InventoryForm As JiwaInventoryUI.InventoryMaintenanceForm = DirectCast(JiwaForm, JiwaApplication.IJiwaForm)
      AddHandler InventoryForm.Inventory.PropertyChanged, AddressOf Changed               
    End Sub

Sub Changed(item As JiwaInventory.Inventory, e As System.ComponentModel.PropertyChangedEventArgs)
      messagebox.show(e.PropertyName)
   End Sub
End Class

I think the line which needs changing is
      AddHandler InventoryForm.Inventory.PropertyChanged, AddressOf Changed

but I don't know the appropriate event.

I basically need it to behave the same as the old breakout Inventory Changed.

Can you assist?

Thanks

Danny
DannyC
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 29

Re: Run plugin when field changed  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:33 am

Hi Danny,

You probably want to hook into the Validated event of the textbox / control you are interested in.

Attached is a sample plugin which does this for the Part No. textbox of the inventory maintenance form.

Plugin Inventory Field Validation.xml
Sample Plugin
(31.98 KiB) Downloaded 86 times

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 755

Re: Run plugin when field changed

Postby DannyC » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:01 pm

Mike,

Thanks for that. Two issues using the Validated.
1. It fires when losing focus whether the value has changed or not. I only want to run my code if the value has changed.
2. What I really want to do is set a custom field with a date when the Sell Price or RRP has changed.

At the moment my code looks like this but I'm getting an error dimming the InventoryForm in the Sellprice_changed sub.

Public Sub Setup(ByVal JiwaForm As JiwaApplication.IJiwaForm, ByVal Plugin As JiwaApplication.Plugin.Plugin) Implements JiwaApplication.IJiwaFormPlugin.Setup
      Dim InventoryForm As JiwaInventoryUI.InventoryMaintenanceForm = DirectCast(JiwaForm, JiwaInventoryUI.InventoryMaintenanceForm)
      AddHandler InventoryForm.SellPriceNumericEditor.Validated, AddressOf Sellprice_Changed               
    End Sub

Sub Sellprice_Changed(Sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs)
      'messagebox.show("value: '{0}'")    'This doesn't work
      Dim InventoryForm As JiwaInventory.Inventory = DirectCast(Sender, JiwaInventory.Inventory)
      InventoryForm.CustomFieldValues.ItemFromSettingName("SellChangeDate").Contents = Now.ToString()
   End Sub

Thanks
Danny
DannyC
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 29

Re: Run plugin when field changed

Postby Mike.Sheen » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:42 pm

DannyC wrote:Mike,

Thanks for that. Two issues using the Validated.
1. It fires when losing focus whether the value has changed or not. I only want to run my code if the value has changed.
2. What I really want to do is set a custom field with a date when the Sell Price or RRP has changed.

At the moment my code looks like this but I'm getting an error dimming the InventoryForm in the Sellprice_changed sub.

Dim InventoryForm As JiwaInventoryUI.InventoryMaintenanceForm = DirectCast(JiwaForm, JiwaInventoryUI.InventoryMaintenanceForm)
      AddHandler InventoryForm.SellPriceNumericEditor.Validated, AddressOf Sellprice_Changed               
    End Sub

Sub Sellprice_Changed(Sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs)
      'messagebox.show("value: '{0}'")    'This doesn't work
      Dim InventoryForm As JiwaInventory.Inventory = DirectCast(Sender, JiwaInventory.Inventory)
      InventoryForm.CustomFieldValues.ItemFromSettingName("SellChangeDate").Contents = Now.ToString()
   End Sub

Thanks
Danny

Hi Danny,

Ok - you really should get the price at read end of the business logic, and then at save starting compare the two and then set your custom field value. Relying on user interface events isn't reliable - as there are many ways the user can set the sell price (sell price text box, or the pricing grid on the prices tab).

Attached is a plugin which works for me.

Plugin Inventory Maintenance - Log date sell price changed by user.xml
Sample plugin
(32.82 KiB) Downloaded 96 times

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 755

Return to Technical and or Programming