Sore Location  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

Sore Location

Postby TomW » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:40 am

I am running JIWA 7.0.115.0 with MS SQL Server 2012

I have modified a plug in to pass varaibles to a dedicated bar code printer application.
To print a label the process is as follows:
Go to Inventory Mainenance and search for the required item, then extract the data from the fields on the screen and pass them over to the app. All works fine but I need the store location that is under different TABS, in my case it is
"SOH\DEFAULT BIN LOCATIONS" then several locations to choose from.

My question is how do I get to those particular TABS to extract what I need. As an example to get the Part Number I use "pn = inventoryform.PartNoTextBox.Text" where pn in declared as a string.

Thanks Tom
TomW
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Topics Solved: 1

Re: Sore Location  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:21 pm

TomW wrote:My question is how do I get to those particular TABS to extract what I need. As an example to get the Part Number I use "pn = inventoryform.PartNoTextBox.Text" where pn in declared as a string.

Hi TomW,

The answer is: You Don't!

Each form has an underlying business logic object - that is the source of the field contents on the form - so you should be using that.

In the case of Inventory Maintenance, you can get to the PartNo property of the businesslogic via the form using something like this:

Code: Select all
public void Setup(JiwaFinancials.Jiwa.JiwaApplication.IJiwaForm JiwaForm, JiwaFinancials.Jiwa.JiwaApplication.Plugin.Plugin Plugin)            
{
    JiwaFinancials.Jiwa.JiwaInventoryUI.InventoryMaintenanceForm inventoryForm = (JiwaFinancials.Jiwa.JiwaInventoryUI.InventoryMaintenanceForm)JiwaForm;
    JiwaFinancials.Jiwa.JiwaApplication.Manager.DisplayMessage(inventoryForm, String.Format("The Part No. Is {0}", inventoryForm.Inventory.PartNo), System.Windows.Forms.MessageBoxButtons.OK, System.Windows.Forms.MessageBoxIcon.Information, System.Windows.Forms.MessageBoxDefaultButton.Button1);   
}

This gives you access to all the properties, regardless of which tab they are displayed on the form.

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 758

Re: Sore Location

Postby TomW » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:59 pm

Thank Mike I found the Grid for the bin locations.
TomW
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Topics Solved: 1

Return to Technical and or Programming