Extending the Inventory CSV Import  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

Extending the Inventory CSV Import

Postby Atronics » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:40 am

Hi Mike,
I have been trying to get this plugin to also include IN_SellingPrices.ForwardPriceDate and IN_SellingPrices.CurrentPriceDate, but cant figure the syntax for including a date field. Couldyou kindly point me in the right direction for this.

John
Atronics
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Topics Solved: 10

Re: Extending the Inventory CSV Import  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:49 pm

Atronics wrote:Hi Mike,
I have been trying to get this plugin to also include IN_SellingPrices.ForwardPriceDate and IN_SellingPrices.CurrentPriceDate, but cant figure the syntax for including a date field. Couldyou kindly point me in the right direction for this.

John

For a file such as this:
Code: Select all
Part No, Description, P1, P2, ForwardPriceDate, CurrentPriceDate
1089-AX, Network System - Custom Specifications, 150.00, 99.89, 2016-08-01, 2016-03-01
1089-J,Desktop - Custom Specifications (Advanced), 155.00, 991.89, 2016-09-19, 2016-02-12

I added this to the AppendProperties method of the plugin:

destinationPropertyCollection.Add(new JiwaFinancials.Jiwa.JiwaInventory.Import.DestinationProperty("Inventory.CurrentPriceDate, ", "CurrentPriceDate",
delegate(JiwaFinancials.Jiwa.JiwaInventory.Inventory inventory, string value, string rowData, string[] row, int rowNo, JiwaFinancials.Jiwa.JiwaInventory.Import.Mapping mapping)
{
inventory.SellingPrices.CurrentPriceDate = Microsoft.VisualBasic.Information.IsDate(value) ? DateTime.Parse(value) : inventory.SellingPrices.CurrentPriceDate;
},
new String[] {"CurrentPriceDate", "Current Price Date"}));

destinationPropertyCollection.Add(new JiwaFinancials.Jiwa.JiwaInventory.Import.DestinationProperty("Inventory.ForwardPriceDate, ", "ForwardPriceDate",
delegate(JiwaFinancials.Jiwa.JiwaInventory.Inventory inventory, string value, string rowData, string[] row, int rowNo, JiwaFinancials.Jiwa.JiwaInventory.Import.Mapping mapping)
{
inventory.SellingPrices.ForwardPriceDate = Microsoft.VisualBasic.Information.IsDate(value) ? DateTime.Parse(value) : inventory.SellingPrices.ForwardPriceDate;
},
new String[] {"ForwardPriceDate", "Forward Price Date"}));

Attached is a sample using the above.
Attachments
Plugin Import P1...P10 Selling Prices.xml
Import selling prices with dates
(77.18 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 757

Re: Extending the Inventory CSV Import

Postby Atronics » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:31 pm

Thank, Mike.
Atronics
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Topics Solved: 10

Postby pricerc » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:50 pm

Any clues on how I add additional supplier/supplierWarehouse information to the property collection (in addition to the ones that already pop up)?

We're wanting to load some values into the SpareX fields.

(we're on 157)

/Ryan
/Ryan

ERP Consultant,
Advanced ERP Limited, NZ
https://aerp.co.nz
pricerc
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 20

Postby Mike.Sheen » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:26 pm

pricerc wrote:Any clues on how I add additional supplier/supplierWarehouse information to the property collection (in addition to the ones that already pop up)?

We're wanting to load some values into the SpareX fields.

(we're on 157)

/Ryan

Attached is a plugin (for 7.00.157.00, but should work with 7.00.175.00 as well) that will import SpareFloat1 into the supplier and SpareFloat1 into the supplier warehouse, with the following sample file:
PartNo, Supplier Account No., Supplier SpareFloat1, Supplier Warehouse, Supplier Warehouse SpareFloat1
1170, 5013, 123.45, Main Office, 654.32

It should be pretty much "programming by numbers" to extend it to include any other "Spare" fields from Inventory Suppliers or Supplier Warehouses.

Protip: We often miss questions tacked onto a topic that is already marked as solved - usually it's best to create a new topic.
Attachments
Plugin Import Inventory Supplier Supplier Warehouse Spare Fields.xml
Sample Plugin
(74.09 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 757

Return to Technical and or Programming