Changes needed for 7.00.177.00 compatibility  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

Re: Changes needed for 7.00.177.00 compatibility

Postby SBarnes » Fri May 26, 2017 8:35 pm

Hi Mike,

Thanks again for the update, now I'll ask a very strange question, if most of the API as you've said before is contained in a plug in would it be possible to plug it into a previous version of Jiwa if you know what I am thinking?
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Postby Mike.Sheen » Fri May 26, 2017 9:00 pm

SBarnes wrote:Hi Mike,

Thanks again for the update, now I'll ask a very strange question, if most of the API as you've said before is contained in a plug in would it be possible to plug it into a previous version of Jiwa if you know what I am thinking?

I'm afraid not - because the 7.00.181.00 plugin code relies on a new public property of the JiwaApplication.Manager class - the ObjectDictionary property.

In addition to that since 7.00.180.00 we made numerous fixes to many different business logic objects - primarily in the DTO serialisation/deserialisation methods which were uncovered in unit testing because we didn't have full unit test coverage of the DTO serialisation/deserialisation methods prior to 7.00.181.00.

The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking 7.00.180.00 or earlier would be a toxic environment to develop against in respect to the REST API.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 757

Postby SBarnes » Sat May 27, 2017 7:16 am

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the updates particularly on a Friday night.

Looks like the only option is to wait for the next release and convert the only existing plugin written for the system away from the Instance method in the mean time.

Thanks again.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Postby Mike.Sheen » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:42 pm

SBarnes wrote:By the way we now have two candidates/customers (one which we have discussed before) and possibly a third who are very interested in the web api for us to develop them a web store from, is there any update on the timeline for the next development release?

Development build 7.00.181.00 is underway - we expect it to be done sometime tomorrow. It'll appear in the downloads RSS feed when published.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Postby SBarnes » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:48 pm

FANTASTIC :D :D :D

and thanks your timing is brilliant.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Postby SBarnes » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:29 pm

Hi Mike,

I am impressed, I've been able to get the self hosted service for the API up and running in about 10 minutes.

My only suggestion and this for actually inside Jiwa and for usability for setting the permissions inside Jiwa on the user groups is it possible to add "Any" to the verbs list as this could make maintenance a lot easier?
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Postby Mike.Sheen » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:23 pm

SBarnes wrote:My only suggestion and this for actually inside Jiwa and for usability for setting the permissions inside Jiwa on the user groups is it possible to add "Any" to the verbs list as this could make maintenance a lot easier?

Thanks - logged as DEV-6012.

I've also created a sub-forum dedicated to the REST API - so please direct any new REST API related questions / discussions there - it should make all our lives a little bit neater!

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Previous

Return to Technical and or Programming