FileBinary  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

FileBinary

Postby Atronics » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:48 am

In the table HR_Documents, how do I extract the file path from the FileBinary field?
Atronics
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Topics Solved: 10

Re: FileBinary

Postby Scott.Pearce » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:00 am

The path from which the file was originally uploaded is not stored in the database. Only the file name.
Scott Pearce
Senior Analyst/Programmer
Jiwa Financials
Scott.Pearce
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 221

Postby Atronics » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:17 am

OK. Thanks Scott. What I specifically need to do is grab a JPG or BMP file and park it in a crystal report. In this instance the file will be a signature file. I want to avoid hard coding the file path.
Atronics
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: FileBinary  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:23 am

Atronics wrote:OK. Thanks Scott. What I specifically need to do is grab a JPG or BMP file and park it in a crystal report. In this instance the file will be a signature file. I want to avoid hard coding the file path.

You can add a picture to a Crystal report and point it to the FileBinary in the table column, and it will display.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Postby Atronics » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:06 am

Mike,
I need to take this a step further. Depending on a custom field (which looks up the HR_Staff table) in Purchase Orders, I need to select a specific image (signature) file. e.g. If Staff = Bob then select Bob's signature etc.
Atronics
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Mike.Sheen » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:54 pm

Atronics wrote:I need to take this a step further. Depending on a custom field (which looks up the HR_Staff table) in Purchase Orders, I need to select a specific image (signature) file. e.g. If Staff = Bob then select Bob's signature etc.

I don't see that being a problem. The purchase order custom setting value (PO_CustomSettingValues.Contents) joins to to HR_Staff.StaffID. Join HR_Staff to HR_Documents to get the Filebinary.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Return to Technical and or Programming