Stored procs for Crystal 2013  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

Stored procs for Crystal 2013  Topic is solved

Postby 2can2 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:11 pm

Hi, I am struggling updating a few custom stored procs used for reports in V6. I am trying to put the changes into the V7 updated procedures wherever possible but 2 in particular I keep coming up with an error 213 - 'Column Name or number supplied does not match the table definition'. I have been through the code many many times but cannot find the issue.
Is there a way I can get an indication of the temptables or field name that are missing or incorrectly named when I exec the stored proc in management studio?
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
2can2
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Topics Solved: 25

Re: Stored procs for Crystal 2013

Postby Mike.Sheen » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:01 am

2can2 wrote:Hi, I am struggling updating a few custom stored procs used for reports in V6. I am trying to put the changes into the V7 updated procedures wherever possible but 2 in particular I keep coming up with an error 213 - 'Column Name or number supplied does not match the table definition'. I have been through the code many many times but cannot find the issue.
Is there a way I can get an indication of the temptables or field name that are missing or incorrectly named when I exec the stored proc in management studio?
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I always just use a process of methodical isolation and inspection.

For example - comment out everything except for the first query in your SP that performs an insert - run that - does it work? Yes, move one and uncomment the code to the next insert - repeat this process until you have the query which is incorrect.

Then it's just a case of manually checking the query and matching each column of the temp table with the column of the query.

Stored procedures based off our usp_Jiwa_Invoices_Invoice stored procedure are notorious for this issue, as it has temp tables with 80+ columns and the summary row appended is somewhat easy to mess up:

Code: Select all
INSERT INTO #TempTable2
SELECT
'',1,'Dummy','',0,'','','','',0,0,0,0,'',SO_Main.InvoiceNo,SO_History.HistoryNo,'','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','','',GETDATE(),'','','','','',0,0,0,0,0,'',0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,'','', 0, 0, 0, 0, '',
'', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', ''

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Return to Technical and or Programming