PO Generation Reorder Methods  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

PO Generation Reorder Methods

Postby 2can2 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:17 pm

Hi, I had a modified Purchase Order generation form for a client in V6 using a moded stored procedure. I have now created the same in V7 but I cant get to the 'Reorder Method' used on Batch. Previously it was held in PO_ReorderMethods but now being a plugin I can't access it in the report?
I have also logged this as on the PO Generation form it shows the Reorder method on ALL Batches as the last Reorder Method used!
2can2
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Topics Solved: 25

Re: PO Generation Reorder Methods

Postby Scott.Pearce » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:23 am

What is the question here?
Scott Pearce
Senior Analyst/Programmer
Jiwa Financials
Scott.Pearce
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 221

Postby 2can2 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:12 pm

Let me reword the question. In the Purchase Order Generation form you can select a 'Reorder Method', the drop down selection uses Plugins for options. I have created 2 additional Plugins for different reorder calculations.
I have also modified the associated report 'MNT40021 - Purchase Order Generation' to mirror the Form grid but I cannot access the 'Reorder Method' used in that Batch. It was available in V6 as a field in the stored procedure but not in 7. How can I get to the 'Reorder method' used in that batch?
2can2
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Scott.Pearce » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:40 pm

I'm with you now.

v7 no longer records the re-order method used for a given batch (because they are plugin based they are completely "soft"). There is no way to see which re-order method was used for a batch.

Now, my question is, why do you need to know which re-order method was used for a given batch? (maybe we can sidestep this whole issue).
Scott Pearce
Senior Analyst/Programmer
Jiwa Financials
Scott.Pearce
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 221

Re: PO Generation Reorder Methods  Topic is solved

Postby 2can2 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:22 am

Hi, The report 'MNT40021 - Purchase Order Generation' reports the same info as the Batch. In my modified report I had added the Reorder Method in V6 as they have several reorder options they can use, ie. 3xAvg Mths sales, 4xAvg Mths sales, 5xAvg Mths sales, etc.
I have also logged an enhancement request (Bug #839, DEV-5893) for this as the Reorder Batch also only displays the 'Default' Reorder Method immaterial of what method was used. Cheers
2can2
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to Technical and or Programming