Custom Fields Jiwa 6 vs Jiwa 7  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

Custom Fields Jiwa 6 vs Jiwa 7

Postby SBarnes » Tue May 23, 2017 8:19 pm

Hi Guys,

In Jiwa 6 when you wanted to create custom fields you used and SQL script to do so, these scripts don't exist in Jiwa 7 as this can now be done through the user interface of the plugins, however I have a situation where I need to take the custom fields from a Jiwa 6 database and put them into a Jiwa 7 database for another customer so that I can use some stored procedures that are used for reporting etc that work of the IDs of the custom fields.

Can I use the Jiwa 6 scripts to do this or is there a set for version 7 somewhere that I've missed, if not what am I going to need to know to write the scripts by hand to do this?
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Re: Custom Fields Jiwa 6 vs Jiwa 7  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Wed May 24, 2017 2:46 pm

SBarnes wrote:Hi Guys,

In Jiwa 6 when you wanted to create custom fields you used and SQL script to do so, these scripts don't exist in Jiwa 7 as this can now be done through the user interface of the plugins, however I have a situation where I need to take the custom fields from a Jiwa 6 database and put them into a Jiwa 7 database for another customer so that I can use some stored procedures that are used for reporting etc that work of the IDs of the custom fields.

Can I use the Jiwa 6 scripts to do this or is there a set for version 7 somewhere that I've missed, if not what am I going to need to know to write the scripts by hand to do this?

When you upgrade a Version 6 database to Version 7, the custom fields are all attached to a plugin named "Legacy Pre-Version 7 Plugin". If you look at the custom fields tab of the plugin you can then Move or Copy the custom fields to another plugin.

So, in your case you could:
  • Upgrade a throwaway copy version of the version 6 database
  • Login and move the desired custom fields to a new plugin
  • Export that plugin to XML
  • Import that plugin into your other customers version 7 database.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Re: Custom Fields Jiwa 6 vs Jiwa 7

Postby SBarnes » Wed May 24, 2017 2:49 pm

Hi Mike,

Didn't think of that but should work.

As always thanks for the help.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes