Infragistics Runtime  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

Infragistics Runtime

Postby SBarnes » Sat May 27, 2017 1:50 pm

Hi Guys,

Is it safe to assume that all of the Infragistics DLLs / run time files are deployed with Jiwa, by this what I am asking is it OK to use any of the controls on a form in a plugin even if one is not used by Jiwa itself?
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Re: Infragistics Runtime

Postby Scott.Pearce » Mon May 29, 2017 10:28 am

No. We do not explicitly deploy *all* of the Infragistics libraries, only the ones that are referenced by the Jiwa assemblies.
Scott Pearce
Senior Analyst/Programmer
Jiwa Financials
Scott.Pearce
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 221

Postby Mike.Sheen » Mon May 29, 2017 1:33 pm

SBarnes wrote:is it OK to use any of the controls on a form in a plugin even if one is not used by Jiwa itself?

As Scott already mentioned, we deploy what Jiwa needs - if you come across a control which depends on an Assembly we don't deploy, let us know and we'll add it to the deployment for the next release.

As a work-around you can add any missing Assemblies you require as an embedded reference to the plugin - when the plugin is compiled at Jiwa login time we'll deploy the assembly to the right place and at it to the references of the plugin - it *should* just work.

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Postby SBarnes » Mon May 29, 2017 1:40 pm

Hi Guys

Thanks to both of you for the update.

Mike I had considered the embedded reference as an alternative, my only question on this is what would occur if the files then became part of the normal run time, would there be a danger of files being overwritten and then removed that could cause Jiwa not to start, what I guess I am asking is do the files go in the Jiwa program directory or else where at deployment as could there be an issue if two plugins had the same embedded reference?
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Re: Infragistics Runtime  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Mon May 29, 2017 1:47 pm

SBarnes wrote:Mike I had considered the embedded reference as an alternative, my only question on this is what would occur if the files then became part of the normal run time, would there be a danger of files being overwritten and then removed that could cause Jiwa not to start, what I guess I am asking is do the files go in the Jiwa program directory or else where at deployment as could there be an issue if two plugins had the same embedded reference?

I don't believe it will cause an issue - it's been a while since I tested that scenario (I remember testing that when we first introduced embedded references).

An embedded reference is deployed to the ProgramData\Jiwa Financials\Jiwa 7\Plugins\... folder - and the assembly is then loaded when the plugin is loaded at logon time - if the assembly is already present in the application domain (for instance, Jiwa has already loaded it) then the .NET assembly resolver (Fusion) will ignore the attempt to load it as it is already present in the current application domain.

I'm fairly confident it won't cause an issue for you.

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Postby SBarnes » Mon May 29, 2017 4:52 pm

Thanks
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan