Works Orders. Creating sub-work orders  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

Works Orders. Creating sub-work orders

Postby DannyC » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:16 pm

Hi,
version 7.0.175
On the Components pane of works orders, there is a column called Explode Policy. Just wondering if that does anything?
It seems to do nothing?

If it does nothing, is it there for future development when a component is a BOM which also needs a Works Order done to fulfil the quantity(ies) required?

I am trying to write a plugin (vb .net) to do it, i.e. create a Works Order if a component needs it's own Works Order. I am checking the InputItem.IsBOMItem and InputItem.SubAssemblyExplodePolicy to verify if a Works Order is needed. Although when looking at SubAssemblyExplodePolicy, the value is 0 whether the GUI is blank or Always, so not sure that really does anything either.

Can you assist to describe what the highlighted items are?
Bomcode.png

I assume InputItem.SubAssembly would be the Bill of Materials for the component?
And InputItem.SubAssemblyExplodePolicy would be the setting in the Explode Policy column? But it seems to show 0 no matter what the Explode Policy displays.
What about SubAssemblyWorksOrders? I'd assume this would be the Works Order for the component (if a BOM itself) but how does it get created?

Cheers

Danny
DannyC
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 30

Re: Works Orders. Creating sub-work orders  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:37 pm

Hi Danny,

The explode policy will create a work order for sub assemblies, if set to "Always" or if there is not enough stock and set to "When Shortfalls". It won't create them unless the work order or stage has a started status.

The input item also needs to have a sub assembly bill specified - you can choose from any bills which have an output item as the primary for a bill - I suspect this may be your issue? From memory the work order input item will pull through from the bill the input item explode policy and the sub assembly to explode into - so perhaps you just need to set in the Bill the work order is for the sub assembly for the input item - but you can always override that in the work order.

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 757

Return to Technical and or Programming