Ledger Accounts of Business Logic Maintenance Entities  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

Ledger Accounts of Business Logic Maintenance Entities  Topic is solved

Postby SBarnes » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:10 am

We have a client who we are in the process of upgrading to 7.1 from version 6.4, one of the things I have noticed in working with there data after the upgrade that there are a number of general accounts on inventory, debtors and creditors and the corresponding classifications that are not set, I can only assume they weren't there in 6.4.

These not being set have caused issues straight away with things such as entering sales orders, exporting and then importing debtors as XML etc.

Am I correct in assuming that part of the upgrade process should be to devise a final script to set these accounts on these entities and the relevant classifications since it is not done by Jiwa itself and probably couldn't be anyway?
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Re: Ledger Accounts of Business Logic Maintenance Entities

Postby Mike.Sheen » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:16 am

SBarnes wrote:Am I correct in assuming that part of the upgrade process should be to devise a final script to set these accounts on these entities and the relevant classifications since it is not done by Jiwa itself and probably couldn't be anyway?

Yes - that would be the best course of action. As you say - we can't really set the account in upgrade because we couldn't even guess what it is supposed to be.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Return to Technical and or Programming