Adding Assemblies from the GAC to a plugin

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

Adding Assemblies from the GAC to a plugin

Postby SBarnes » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:47 am

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to add an assembly to a plugin from the GAC under windows 10 or Windows 2016?

When going to C:\windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL you get the attached image below. I followed the instructions here http://geekswithblogs.net/pavelka/archive/2006/05/05/WindowsExplorerAndTheGlobalAssemblyCache.aspx which fixes the problem for windows explorer but not for Jiwa.
Attachments
cac file open.jpg
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Re: Adding Assemblies from the GAC to a plugin

Postby Mike.Sheen » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:06 pm

Under windows 10 I don't have any issues adding references to Assembly in the GAC - C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL.

What problem do you have when you reference an assembly in the GAC?
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Postby SBarnes » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:09 pm

Hi Mike,

Even if I cut and paste the path in such as "C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel\13.0.2000.0__692fbea5521e1304\CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.dll" I get file not found.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Postby Mike.Sheen » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:32 pm

SBarnes wrote:Hi Mike,

Even if I cut and paste the path in such as "C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel\13.0.2000.0__692fbea5521e1304\CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.dll" I get file not found.

I don't have a problem with that or any other assembly in the GAC.

I created a new plugin, removed the existing Crystal References which are automatically added - then saved. I then added CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.dll from C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel\13.0.3500.0__692fbea5521e1304.

I note you have a different (newer) version of Crystal - could be related perhaps?
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Postby SBarnes » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:37 pm

Hi Mike,

It get weirder, VS 2017 will happily display the directory contents without a problem when you go browse on add a reference, so will 2013 and 2015.

But I've gotten around that issue.

The real issue I am trying to overcome was with your email report plugin when you hit the button you get the error that is attached below which is happening in 7.1.

The line producing the error is

Code: Select all
report.Export(exportOptions);         
Attachments
export error.jpg
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Return to Technical and or Programming