Adding New Range to EFT/Cheque Payment Form

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

Adding New Range to EFT/Cheque Payment Form

Postby Nina Tulic » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:36 am

Hi,

Is is possible to add a new range say From / To Creditor Group to the Creditor EFT/Cheque Payments form and modify the query that loads the invoices grid based on the new range?

Thanks
Nina
Nina Tulic
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Topics Solved: 0

Re: Adding New Range to EFT/Cheque Payment Form

Postby Mike.Sheen » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:14 pm

Hi Nina,

I'll give a tentative yes, this is possible.

A plugin can modify or hide and replace the existing ranges grid, and when the user presses the button to retrieve the invoices (and let's not forget credits), some alternate logic can be used to base this on the new/modified ranges.

The only way for me to say with any certainty if this is truly possible (there may be some hurdles in adding the transactions due to access modifiers of properties and event handling) is to build a prototype for proof of concept and see if it works as expected.

It wouldn't be efficient for anyone (yourself, your developers or the customer) to try and provide guidance on how you can do it yourself, but if you're keen on this the most cost effective way forward is to pay a few hours of our time to come up with a proof of concept plugin based on some loose specs on what ranges you want, we build the plugin and provide that, and you can then hand it over to your developers for further adjustments (it wouldn't take much time from there anyway so you may opt to just contract us to do the whole lot).

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Postby Nina Tulic » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:58 pm

Thanks Mike,

Our developers have already looked at this and cannot see how this can be done efficiently without rewriting the form which is not what we want to do.
If we pay you to develop the plugin what happens if it can't be done, or the solution is not elegant (and yes I do understand this is a matter of option and I am a fussy customer :D ) do we get our money back?

Nina
Nina Tulic
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Mike.Sheen » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:26 pm

Nina Tulic wrote:do we get our money back?

Hi Nina,

The official answer is no.

Give me the version you want it for and all the specifics of the requirement (you've mentioned creditor group - do you want that as the only From / To range or in addition so the existing From / To ranges?) and I can spend some out of hours time on it.

I'm going to need a pretty accurate specification of precisely what you want in advance. If it is simply just adding creditor groups to the From / To ranges grid already there, then I have enough to go on - but if there is more then I need to know before I invest my time in it. Either way, let me know :)

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Postby Nina Tulic » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:03 am

Hi Mike,

We want to add the Creditor Group range in addition to the existing range options.
The issue we have is how to return the required data to the results grid, it is not populated by a stored procedure so it is not just a case of modifying the procedure. Our development team has come back with a potential solution in addition to the re-write option however I am not happy with it as it will potentially be visible from an end user perspective.
I am happy to work on this one with you just give me a call for send an email.

Thanks for your assistance, greatly appreciated.

Nina
Nina Tulic
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Mike.Sheen » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:09 am

Hi Nina,

Mike.Sheen wrote:Give me the version you want it for

Please give me the version you want it for?
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Postby Nina Tulic » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:13 am

Hi Mike,

V7.1.

Nina
Nina Tulic
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor