Sale and Refund in Single Transaction  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

Sale and Refund in Single Transaction

Postby Nina Tulic » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:31 am

Hi,

In a number of other ERP systems and most POS systems users can have both a sale and refund in the same transaction, for example exchanging one product for another which can result in either a refund or an additional payment.

In Jiwa this is not possible from an end users perspective as you cannot put a negative value in the quantity field of a sales order so users are required to generate the credit and then the sale separately. Technically can this be changed particularly in the case when integrating a POS solution with Jiwa.

Thanks
Nina
Nina Tulic
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Topics Solved: 0

Re: Sale and Refund in Single Transaction  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:31 pm

Nina Tulic wrote:Technically can this be changed particularly in the case when integrating a POS solution with Jiwa.

Hi Nina,

I'll say no - it would be risky for us to make such a significant change.

In terms of integrating with a POS system which does credits and sales on the same sale transactions, the import of the order could simply create 2 Jiwa documents - one sales order with all the positive quantities, and one credit note with all the negative quantities - would that suit?

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Re: Sale and Refund in Single Transaction

Postby Nina Tulic » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:26 pm

Hi Mike,

Ideally with a POS integration the transaction should be the same in Jiwa as it is in POS this also comes down to auditability between the systems. We do realise that we may be required to create 2 transactions in Jiwa to accommodate this.

Just out of curiosity and to have a better understanding of the limitations can I ask why such a change is risky.

Thanks
Nina
Nina Tulic
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Topics Solved: 0

Re: Sale and Refund in Single Transaction

Postby Mike.Sheen » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:56 pm

Nina Tulic wrote:Just out of curiosity and to have a better understanding of the limitations can I ask why such a change is risky.

Because there is complexity in the logic of handling the taking of stock and the return of stock. Any changes we make introduce some level of risk, and in this case there would need to be a lot of changes which means a lot of risk.

The sales order aspect of Jiwa 7 has now had 4 years and 5 days of refinement / hardening / testing since being first made public - we really don't want to introduce a period of instability for the sales orders.

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Return to Technical and or Programming