Crystal 11 and Jiwa 6.5.x

Support for Crystal Reports within Jiwa.

Crystal 11 and Jiwa 6.5.x

Postby nathan.mcdonald » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:17 pm

I am having a lot of problems with Crystal Confilictions having Crystal and Jiwa on the one machine.

I now have to keep a copy of Crystal on me that when I uninstall Jiwa and Reinstall I can reinstall Crystal.

I know having Virtual Machines for JIWA will help but is there another solution that can help with this.

Nath
nathan.mcdonald
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Crystal 11 and Jiwa 6.5.x

Postby Mike.Sheen » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:11 pm

nathan.mcdonald wrote:I am having a lot of problems with Crystal Confilictions having Crystal and Jiwa on the one machine.

I now have to keep a copy of Crystal on me that when I uninstall Jiwa and Reinstall I can reinstall Crystal.

I know having Virtual Machines for JIWA will help but is there another solution that can help with this.

Nath

What sort of problems are you having in particular ?
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 755

Postby nathan.mcdonald » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:26 pm

Any Reports with a stored Proc I get the errors attached in the file.

Thanks
Nath
Attachments
Crystal Errors.zip
(61.35 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
nathan.mcdonald
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Scott.Pearce » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:30 pm

Your attached error message screenshot is a generic OS crash message. Further, the crashing code is the crystal runtime (note the "ModName: crqe.dll" in the error screen).

I would advise the following course of action:

1. Ensure that DEP is excluding Jiwa.exe on the machine. If DEP is already excluding Jiwa.exe REMOVE AND RESELCT JIWA.EXE. DEP options are accessed by right-clicking "My Computer", and choosing "Properties". On the resultant screen select the "Advanced" tab, and then click on the "Settings" button in the "Performance" section. Now click the "Data Execution Prevention" tab - you should now see the options to enable or disable DEP, and for excluding particular executables from DEP.

2. Download and install the latest monthly hotfix for Crystal Reports 11. This is available from:

http://support.businessobjects.com/comm ... hf.zip.asp

Please post back here with your results.
Scott Pearce
Senior Analyst/Programmer
Jiwa Financials
Scott.Pearce
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 221

Return to Crystal Reports