Rest API Documentation  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to the REST API of Jiwa 7.

Rest API Documentation

Postby Ernst » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:39 am

Am going through the https://docs.jiwa.com.au/display/J7UG/REST+API

Documentation steps, Client wanted IIS hosting.

Got to the step.

"You can then check to see if the service is working by opening a browser and entering "localhost" in the address bar"

But his does not work. I'm assuming this is because I'm using IIS and not local host.

What do i need to put into the address bar to test this stage?

Also.'Load the User Group Maintenance form", needs a LocalHost/restpaths. Which wont work. So cannot set up the user group.

Any ideas.. Thx.
Ernst
Kohai
Kohai

Topics Solved: 12

Re: Rest API Documentation

Postby Mike.Sheen » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:23 am

Hi Ernst,

Localhost will still work on IIS if you are on the IIS machine. You can always use the machine name and that will work on any machine inside the network, provided your DNS is configured properly.

When you imported into IIS, did you import into a virtual site? If so then it has either a subdomain or folder name that needs to be in the path.

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 755

Postby Ernst » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:23 pm

Followed the documentation, and created a JiwaAPI folderin IIS.

So your saying Localhost/JiwaAPI should work?
Ernst
Kohai
Kohai

Postby Mike.Sheen » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:56 pm

If IIS shows the site as running, I believe from IIS you can open a browser to view the site - try that way as it removes any doubts as to what path it should be. I believe from memory you right click on the site... and a context menu appears and one option is to open the site in a browser.

What version of IIS are you using? I might need to know that if I'm going to try and replicate the issue you are having.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Postby Ernst » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:54 pm

OK in IIS Manage I found a mange website/ Browse option.

It comes up with service unavailable. See attachment.

Looks like SBS2011 standard, Version 6.1

I can let you logon site and look around, if you like, you may spot something I missed.

Have Teamviewer installed on it.
Attachments
JIWA-IIS.png
Ernst
Kohai
Kohai

Postby Mike.Sheen » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:44 pm

Ok, so you did deviate from the instructions by using port 81... what else is different and is a factor I cannot say without troubleshooting it myself.

Make sure you've set the values in the Web.Config file correctly, and also check the event log for any messages which might give a clue what the problem is. Are the other sites on that IIS machine working? A could see from your screenshot there are two other existing sites.

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Postby Ernst » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:22 pm

Re Port: Did get a conflict on Port 80, so following documentation, just went to 81 'If IIS warns you that another site is bound on the port, you can provide a different port, or a host name - or stop the conflicting site in IIS Manager.'

The company Web site got a similar message, but the default web site worked OK.

Nothing coming through on Event Viewer. Can you sign you in, if we screen share.

Stop and starting works OK
Attachments
Image00001.jpg
Ernst
Kohai
Kohai

Postby Mike.Sheen » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:56 pm

Hi Ernst,

Ok - create a ticket on our helpdesk with the teamviewer details and I'll have a poke around.

I'll also create a clean environment and test myself beforehand to see if something has crept into the deployment package which would cause this to no longer work out-of-the-box.

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Re: Rest API Documentation  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:11 pm

This was caused by Exchange Server 2010 being installed on the same machine as IIS, which under default configuration will prevent x86 application pools from running

Notes from the support ticket:

Application Pool was crashing in system log
Application log showed cause of crash was:

The Module DLL 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Bin\kerbauth.dll' could not be loaded due to a configuration problem. The current configuration only supports loading images built for a x86 processor architecture. The data field contains the error number. To learn more about this issue, including how to troubleshooting this kind of processor architecture mismatch error, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=29349.

This is a known issue when trying to run 32 bit apps in IIS when Exchange Server 2010 is installed.

Tried adding "bitness=64" to C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config\applicationhost.config as per many troubleshooting articles - no effect. It was as if IIS was loading it's modules using some other config file and therefore ignoring my changes. Even removing the entry for kerbauth had no effect.

Found list of modules in IIS Management tool (left click top tree node, modules on right hand pane).

Right click on list of modules and choose "Configure native modules".

Removed kerbauth (was not enabled but was "registered")

Error changed to:

The Module DLL 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\Owa\auth\exppw.dll' could not be loaded due to a configuration problem. The current configuration only supports loading images built for a x86 processor architecture. The data field contains the error number. To learn more about this issue, including how to troubleshooting this kind of processor architecture mismatch error, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=29349.

Removed exppw (was not enabled but was "registered")

API app now loading
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Return to REST API