Rest Api and Manufacturing  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to the REST API of Jiwa 7.

Re: Rest Api and Manufacturing

Postby Mike.Sheen » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:54 am

SBarnes wrote:OK,

If roll your own becomes the necessary option I am assuming it would involve basically inherit from the relevant business object and implement the IJiwaDTOSerialisable and IJiwaDTODeserialisable interfaces, then build services to support the necessary routes?

That would certainly work, but you don't need to... we don't have anything in the REST API which requires those interfaces... we did add to 7.2.2 new tools on the ribbon of forms if those interfaces are implemented by the business logic backing the form, but nothing else behaves differently when those interfaces are implemented. You can simply use the existing business logic and have a method which serialises and deserialises it to / from POCO's. The POCO's you'd need to create - but for stock takes I imagine they'd be super simple.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 755

Postby SBarnes » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:45 am

Hi Mike

Just giving you a heads up given what I know is happening on this from the customer's point of view this is probably going to go ahead, I'd also mention two other things to do with it in case we don't go down the roll your own route

1. This customer deals in products with batch/serial numbers and expiry dates because we are talking about food
2. It may be necessary to have a way of handling custom fields on a stock take or something equivalent. Did you want a logged change request fro this one?
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Postby Mike.Sheen » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:18 am

SBarnes wrote:Did you want a logged change request fro this one?

Yes, please - it's better that I don't log improvement requests or it looks like I'm just dreaming up features to keep myself in a job :)
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 755

Postby SBarnes » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:15 am

Well I am happy to keep you employed for a fee :lol:

I will log the request
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan