SalesOrderPROCESSRequest()

Discussions relating to the REST API of Jiwa 7.

SalesOrderPROCESSRequest()

Postby tyeatman » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:54 pm

Hi

I am trying Process Orders with the Rest API.

The only Call I can see that I can make to process an Order is SalesOrderPROCESSRequest() and can get this to work with an InvoiceID (the only parameter available).

Code: Select all
var salesOrderProcess = new JiwaFinancials.Jiwa.JiwaServiceModel.SalesOrderPROCESSRequest()
            {
                InvoiceID = "*** my Invoice ID ****",

};

There seems to be no option to specify an InvoiceHistoryID (I tried a test InvoiceHistoryID and it returned an error, unable to find InvoiceID).

I would have thought I would need to specify the InvoiceHistoryID of an Order, or at least provide a Parameter for the HistoryNo, in case there is more than 1 HistoryNo UnProcessed for an Order.

Am I missing something? or is there a different Call I need to make?

Thank you for your help.

Tony
tyeatman
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: SalesOrderPROCESSRequest()

Postby Mike.Sheen » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:59 pm

tyeatman wrote:I would have thought I would need to specify the InvoiceHistoryID of an Order, or at least provide a Parameter for the HistoryNo, in case there is more than 1 HistoryNo UnProcessed for an Order.

Hi Tony,

You can only ever have 1 unprocessed snapshot / history for an order - and that is always the most recent one.

So, you only need to provide the InvoiceID when processing a sales order, because it will always be the most recent history that is processed.

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 755

Re: SalesOrderPROCESSRequest()

Postby tyeatman » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:23 pm

Thank you for the quick Response, and clarification.
tyeatman
I'm new here
I'm new here

Return to REST API