Web hooks require Jiwa 7 API restart to send

Discussions relating to the REST API of Jiwa 7.

Web hooks require Jiwa 7 API restart to send

Postby JiwaNewb » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:57 am

Hi all,

We're currently integrating our Warehouse Managment System with Jiwa 7.2.1.0

We are using the salesorder.created and salesorder.updated webhooks. hen we change or create sales order in Jiwa is successfully inserting a row into SY_WebhookMessage - however to get it to send we need to restart the Jiwa 7 API service.

Appreciate any assistance.
JiwaNewb
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Web hooks require Jiwa 7 API restart to send

Postby Mike.Sheen » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:34 am

JiwaNewb wrote:We are using the salesorder.created and salesorder.updated webhooks. hen we change or create sales order in Jiwa is successfully inserting a row into SY_WebhookMessage - however to get it to send we need to restart the Jiwa 7 API service.

Have a look at the SY_WebhookMessageResponse table for a single message which you think should have sent and did not - there should rows in there linked to the message for each attempt at sending.

Also check the system settings for the REST API plugin - the WebhooksMaxRetries, WebhooksRetryInterval, WebhooksHostURL and WebhooksClientKey should all have valid values. If you haven't changed them from their defaults (shown below) - the defaults are fine, except the WebhooksClientKey - which needs to be a valid URL to your REST API service reachable by all Jiwa clients (eg: https://192.168.1.119 or https://internal.api.mydomain.com).
RESTAPI_Settings.png
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 755

Return to REST API