Route Not Returning Based upon the Volume of Data  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to the REST API of Jiwa 7.

Route Not Returning Based upon the Volume of Data

Postby SBarnes » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:19 pm

We have a custom route that by default based upon the stored procedure returns about 86,000 records, when run through postman locally it works fine when called remotely it just sits there indefinitely, if we limit the results set to say 60,000 records with select top, locally or remotely the the route returns, so the issue is clearly related to the volume of data being returned, does ServiceStack have any limit on the size of the response?

I have already tried upping the session time out in case that was the culprit but no joy.

My only other option is to introduce paging to get around the problem short of another suggestion to look at.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Re: Route Not Returning Based upon the Volume of Data

Postby Mike.Sheen » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:04 am

Sounds like an environment issue - the maxRequestLength and maxAllowedContentLength I believe can control this via the .config - see if https://stackoverflow.com/questions/209 ... ific-route is of any use.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Re: Route Not Returning Based upon the Volume of Data  Topic is solved

Postby SBarnes » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:13 am

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response, I can confirm it's an environmental issue when the debugger runs and you put a break point on the very last line to return the results, in both cases remotely and locally you hit the break point with 86,000 records, the local copy of postman then displays the results but the remote version of postman still sits there waiting, its not related to just postman, any external client such as php or curl get the same issues.

I am coding the paging into it now to go around the problem.

This is occurring in Azure, I haven't bothered trying moving it to our AWS dev environment as I need a way to solve it under Azure and proving it's Azure related is unfortunately not going to help.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Return to REST API