Core and reporting  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to the REST API of Jiwa 7.

Core and reporting

Postby SBarnes » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:34 pm

In looking at needing to get reports from Jiwa into a .net core project as near as I can see the best way to do this and keep crystal in the mix would be to use the reporting service in the REST api and pull the output back as a pdf and display that.

Other than that the only other option is to use a third party reporting tool that will work with .net core which I would prefer not to do from a possible cost and learning curve issue.

Am I right in my assumption that the report service is the best option or am I missing something?
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Re: Core and reporting  Topic is solved

Postby Scott.Pearce » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:24 pm

SBarnes wrote:In looking at needing to get reports from Jiwa into a .net core project as near as I can see the best way to do this and keep crystal in the mix would be to use the reporting service in the REST api and pull the output back as a pdf and display that.

Yes I would just get the .pdfs direct from our REST API route (GET /Reports/{ReportID}/PDF/Download). No crystal involved other than what comes with the REST API installation.

SBarnes wrote:Other than that the only other option is to use a third party reporting tool that will work with .net core which I would prefer not to do from a possible cost and learning curve issue.

How would such a third party tool interface with Jiwa?

SBarnes wrote:Am I right in my assumption that the report service is the best option or am I missing something?

What exactly do you mean by "Report Service"? The "GET /Reports/{ReportID}/PDF/Download" route? If so, then yes, that is the best option.
Scott Pearce
Senior Analyst/Programmer
Jiwa Financials
Scott.Pearce
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 221

Re: Core and reporting

Postby SBarnes » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:33 pm

Yes, the class I believe is called Report Service in the Rest API

Third party tool directly accessing the database but can work in .net core Devexpress and Syncfusion both have options.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Return to REST API