Alias a Physical Item with a Non-Physical item  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to the REST API of Jiwa 7.

Alias a Physical Item with a Non-Physical item

Postby SBarnes » Tue May 03, 2022 6:46 pm

We have a customer who because they need to have a given product appear in different spots in their web site by different names but then want these to revert back to the original when the order goes into Jiwa through the api.

My original idea had been to use a look up custom field to link back to the physical item and then provide a custom route that would do the replacing with the physical item and then call the real Jiwa post order route.

I now realise I may not need the new route as I can use the start deserialise event to edit the DTO's data instead are the only fields I will need to change in JiwaFinancials.Jiwa.JiwaServiceModel.SalesOrders.SalesOrderLine:

• Inventory Id
  • Part No
  • Non Inventory
  • Aux2
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Re: Alias a Physical Item with a Non-Physical item  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Wed May 04, 2022 1:00 am

SBarnes wrote:I can use the start deserialise event to edit the DTO's data instead are the only fields I will need to change in JiwaFinancials.Jiwa.JiwaServiceModel.SalesOrders.SalesOrderLine:

• Inventory Id
  • Part No
  • Non Inventory
  • Aux2

Probably.

I'd be inclined to throw away the existing DTO and provide a new one - in case there are other fields you don't want to come through that neither of us have considered the impact of (such as category descriptions which would impact sales reporting / analytics).
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Re: Alias a Physical Item with a Non-Physical item

Postby SBarnes » Wed May 04, 2022 9:48 am

By DTO I am assuming you mean the line not the entire sales order?
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Re: Alias a Physical Item with a Non-Physical item

Postby Mike.Sheen » Wed May 04, 2022 10:31 am

SBarnes wrote:By DTO I am assuming you mean the line not the entire sales order?

Yep.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Return to REST API