ExecuteNonQuery error making sales order

Discussions relating to the REST API of Jiwa 7.

ExecuteNonQuery error making sales order

Postby pricerc » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:27 pm

Customer's web site people are attempting to convert Quote to SalesOrder.

Using this URL : http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/Jiwa//SalesQuote ... /MakeOrder, they are getting this error

{
"ResponseStatus": {
"ErrorCode": "InvalidOperationException",
"Message": "ExecuteNonQuery requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state is open.",
"StackTrace": "[SalesQuoteMAKEORDERRequest: 21/11/2022 4:02:09 AM]:
[REQUEST: {QuoteID:ee65c399b28942df9978}]
System.InvalidOperationException: ExecuteNonQuery requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state is open.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.GetOpenConnection(String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.ValidateConnectionForExecute(String method, SqlCommand command)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ValidateCommand(String method, Boolean async)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at JiwaFinancials.Jiwa.JiwaODBC.database.ExecuteNonQuery(SqlCommand SQLCommand)
at JiwaFinancials.Jiwa.JiwaApplication.CustomFields.CustomFieldValue.iSave(String ID)
at JiwaFinancials.Jiwa.JiwaApplication.CustomFields.CustomFieldValue.Save(String ID)
at JiwaFinancials.Jiwa.JiwaApplication.CustomFields.CustomFieldValueCollection.Save(String ID)
at JiwaFinancials.Jiwa.JiwaSales.SalesOrder.SalesOrder.iSave(Boolean SavingForPrint, Boolean SavingForSplit)
at JiwaFinancials.Jiwa.JiwaSales.SalesOrder.SalesOrder.iSave()
at JiwaFinancials.Jiwa.JiwaApplication.BusinessLogic.Maintenance.Save()
at JiwaFinancials.Jiwa.JiwaSales.SalesQuote.SalesQuote.MakeOrder(SalesOrderTypes eOrderType)
at JiwaFinancials.Jiwa.JiwaServiceModel.SalesQuoteServices.Post(SalesQuoteMAKEORDERRequest request)
at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object )
at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1.<ExecuteAsync>d__13.MoveNext()",
"Errors": []
}
}

Any suggestions on where to start looking for a cause?
/Ryan

ERP Consultant,
Advanced ERP Limited, NZ
https://aerp.co.nz
pricerc
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 20

Re: ExecuteNonQuery error making sales order

Postby SBarnes » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:35 pm

For starters what SR version is this and what version of the REST api plugin is in the Jiwa database?

Also are there nay other enabled plugins that could be attaching to the save end of the sale order?
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Postby pricerc » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:27 pm

They were on SR13 at the time. I've just had them update to SR14, including the API plugin, and have asked them to test.

They do have a plugin that operates on their custom fields. I will check that out, although we've had no previous problems with it.
/Ryan

ERP Consultant,
Advanced ERP Limited, NZ
pricerc
Senpai
Senpai

Postby SBarnes » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:36 pm

Did this get solved?

The reason I am asking we have had a customer getting similar errors and it looks like its a problem with available licenses.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Postby pricerc » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:29 pm

They have not reported that same error since they updated to SR14 and loaded the new REST API plugin.

They are having some intermittent problems, but at this stage I'm only half in the loop, so I don't know what errors they're getting.

I know they are having the occasional failure, and the occasional duplicate. I suspect the web site people are not processing the REST API response correctly.
/Ryan

ERP Consultant,
Advanced ERP Limited, NZ
pricerc
Senpai
Senpai

Return to REST API