7.182 Compiler Errors  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to the REST API of Jiwa 7.

Re: 7.182 Compiler Errors

Postby Mike.Sheen » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:34 pm

Ok, so I've got past all the issues associated with updating to the latest pre-release ServiceStack 4.5.13 and the original issue is resolved (code generated does not compile) - however - I still get "ServiceStack.WebServiceException : requires 2 values..." when using the SS client to perform a Get on a query.

Now, the Querying does work using the URL - e.g.: visiting http://localhost/Queries/DB_Main?AccountNoIn=1001,1002 returns the expected values without error, and using the http://localhost/ss_admin/autoquery/DB_MainQuery interface also works as expected.

So the problem is the SS client, or how the server interprets the request sent by the client. Other non-query routes work fine when using the SS client. I'll examine the difference with the requests using Fiddler and hopefully that will yield some clues.

EDIT: Fiddler seems to be of no use - the SS client throws the exception before anything is sent, so that narrows it down a little...

EDIT2: I have narrowed it down and asked the question on the ServiceStack Forums why this is happening.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 757

Postby SBarnes » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:46 pm

OK thanks for the perseverance.

One quick question that I had thought of related to this is there a reason why the service model is DLL based instead of Plugin based i.e. if it was in a plugin then fiddling the actual properties in the plugin could of been my first step before bothering you with this?
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Postby Mike.Sheen » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:21 pm

SBarnes wrote:OK thanks for the perseverance.

One quick question that I had thought of related to this is there a reason why the service model is DLL based instead of Plugin based i.e. if it was in a plugin then fiddling the actual properties in the plugin could of been my first step before bothering you with this?

The idea was by providing JiwaServiceModel.dll as a dependency-free assembly just containing all the DTO classes that anyone could use that as an alternative to generating the DTO's from the /types/* service route or the XSD's. They could take that one assembly, reference it in their project and have access to all the DTO's.

It's also pretty big at 107K lines - plus the use of C# 6 syntax (nullable types such as decimal?) in the auto generated classes means our plugin editor won't like it as it only supports C# 5 at this stage - it wouldn't cause it to not compile, but the editor will light up lines as in error which would make isolating REAL errors troublesome with literally over 1 million errors according to the editor - so it'd be like finding a needle in a haystack - not a very pleasant experience especially when the UI struggles to display those 1M+ errors in the error listbox.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Re: 7.182 Compiler Errors  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:46 am

The "Requires 2 values" exception has been fixed by the ServiceStack team, and I've tested and confirmed it is now working. DEV-6055.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Postby SBarnes » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:55 am

Ah and you told me Wednesday was optimistic :lol:

Seriously though that is great news, as that should mean the issues that have been found with API should be fixed in terms of the C# generation and the the auto queries.

I look forward to the next release.

Thanks for all the work on this.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Previous

Return to REST API