Stock changed event  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to the REST API of Jiwa 7.

Stock changed event

Postby minhhieu106 » Tue May 01, 2018 3:18 pm

Hi Mike,

Are there have any event to capture the change of stock on Jiwa? Same webhooks event.

Thanks,
Hieu
minhhieu106
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Topics Solved: 0

Re: Stock changed event

Postby Mike.Sheen » Sun May 06, 2018 3:21 pm

Hi Hieu,

We don't currently have a simple way of detecting stock level changes as we don't have any central stock adjustment logic - but I'm working on providing something which will hopefully suit your needs. It involves intercepting the business logic save events of any business logic which involves stock movements (sales orders, GRN, transfers, et cetera) - so stay tuned.

In the meantime you can periodically poll for the stock levels for all products if that is any help?

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 756

Re: Stock changed event  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Wed May 16, 2018 5:42 pm

Hi Hieu,

I've added a webhook to 07.01.01 for stock levels changing - DEV-6617 - I had to modify everywhere in Jiwa which alters stock levels to raise a specific event so a webhook could be invoked - so it's not something you can implement before 07.01.01.00.

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Postby minhhieu106 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:47 pm

That's great!

Thank you Mike
minhhieu106
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby minhhieu106 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:58 am

Hi Mike,

Now i got the new webhook event inventory.stocklevel but on this event only return Inventory ID and Warehouse ID.

Can we return more information such as stock in, stock out, stock onhand for this product? This information is used for integration with iVend system.

Thank you.
Hieu
minhhieu106
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Mike.Sheen » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:08 am

minhhieu106 wrote:Now i got the new webhook event inventory.stocklevel but on this event only return Inventory ID and Warehouse ID.

Can we return more information such as stock in, stock out, stock onhand for this product?

Not without making some significant changes.

Most of the time when we adjust stock resulting in the webhook inventory.stocklevel being invoked we don't know the stock level ourselves - we simply adjust stock levels upwards or downwards - eg:
Code: Select all
UPDATE IN_WarehouseSOH SET QuantityLeft = QuantityLeft - {0} WHERE InventoryID = {1} AND IN_LogicalID = {2}

What you can do, however, is when you receive the webhook perform a GET on our API to retrieve the stock level or any other information you are interested in.

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Return to REST API