Purchase Order deleted line.  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to the REST API of Jiwa 7.

Purchase Order deleted line.

Postby minhhieu106 » Wed May 23, 2018 6:35 pm

Hi Mike,

On Jiwa, when i create, delete, update purchase order i will sync this data to iVend via webhooks.

I have a issue for deleting line. When deleted a line on purchase order, i also want to delete this on iVend. But on the response body does not include deleted line information.

In this case, how can i get deleted line? Will Jiwa stored in any history table?

Thanks,
Hieu
minhhieu106
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Topics Solved: 0

Re: Purchase Order deleted line.  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Wed May 23, 2018 10:27 pm

Hi Hieu,

DELETE operations don't return a DTO - that's sort of a convention with DELETE operations in REST API's.

You know the purchase order line ID, because you would have needed to provide that to perform the delete via our REST API - if you're not storing that ID in iVend, then you can perform a GET before the DELETE to get all relevant information such as line ID, part no. and so on.

I'm a little confused why a POS system such as iVend would want to be placing or modifying purchase orders in the ERP system - we released our API initially for just sales, quotes, products and customers - purchase orders was not part of our target API surface initially, although we did provide some rudimentary routes for this.

Typically purchase orders are created and maintained in the ERP system, not the POS system - so I'm interested why your integration needs this in the REST API.

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 757

Re: Purchase Order deleted line.

Postby minhhieu106 » Thu May 24, 2018 12:08 pm

Hi Mike,

iVend system can run as standalone, and iVend also supports purchase order and goods receive note. So we need to post PO and GRN to Jiwa.

There is another scenario that PO is created in ERP but GRN will be received in store (POS), so we need to replicate this PO to POS system for GRN. To purchase some of local product, we allow user in store to raise the PO in iVend.

That's why the creation and update/delete can be done in both system.

Thanks,
Hieu
minhhieu106
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Topics Solved: 0

Return to REST API