Ghost Town!!

Give us your feedback on the Forums Site, what forums we should add, and how we could be doing things better. (No product-related posts should be made here)

Ghost Town!!

Postby jiwameister » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:06 pm

Hi Mike,

In reference to the "Ghost Town" of this Jiwa Forums.. i would like to suggest that we get the email notifications working. Its hard work to check back to see if your posting has been responded to.. and if there was a way like in other forum systems to receive daily "Digests" or similar of postings in topics you are interested in... or at least receive the emails when somebody replies to your post.

I know you say its working.. but seriously nobody in our company recieved the user activiation notifications - and when i changed my email to gmail - i still do not receive them. They do not even attempt to send as our email server logs show no attempt to connect, let alone being rejected or junked via our spam system.

thanks
Glenn
Glenn Lake
Managing Director
Lonicera Pty Ltd
http://www.lonicera.com.au
jiwameister
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Ghost Town!!

Postby Mike.Sheen » Sat May 03, 2008 8:35 pm

jiwameister wrote:Hi Mike,

In reference to the "Ghost Town" of this Jiwa Forums.. i would like to suggest that we get the email notifications working. Its hard work to check back to see if your posting has been responded to.. and if there was a way like in other forum systems to receive daily "Digests" or similar of postings in topics you are interested in... or at least receive the emails when somebody replies to your post.

I know you say its working.. but seriously nobody in our company recieved the user activiation notifications - and when i changed my email to gmail - i still do not receive them. They do not even attempt to send as our email server logs show no attempt to connect, let alone being rejected or junked via our spam system.

thanks
Glenn

I'll look into it, but I'm a little lost as to why you've not received the emails. Others obviously have, so perhaps it's spam related issue (as in SenderID not being configured right in our DNS - which we do have).
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 755

Postby Mike.Sheen » Wed May 21, 2008 9:37 pm

Ok, I think we're all fixed now.

I changed the PHPBB config to use our SMTP server, rather than it's own "local" in-built email messaging, and it seems to work now.

I was testing using my personal gmail account, and whilst previously these emails were not reaching my gmail account, after making the configuration change, they now are.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Postby Mike.Sheen » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:16 pm

... still a ghost town...

A Lara Bingle advertising campaign may be needed!
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Postby Hyperus » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:41 am

*hears pin drop*

/Hyp :)
Hyperus
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Mike.Sheen » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:09 pm

Hyperus wrote:*hears pin drop*

/Hyp :)

Never fear, I'm starting to direct more traffic here!

A few requests have been coming through for a breakout script here and there, and rather than giving the code direct, I've been doing a forum post (where appropriate - ie: it's a generic solution), and providing the URL instead

That should help :)
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Postby Hyperus » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:16 pm

eeexxxcelllent (said in the tone of Simpsons' Montgomery Burns)
:)

/Hyp
Hyperus
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Return to Forums Site Feedback