BankFeeds  Topic is solved

Discussion of features and enhancements to the Jiwa product.

BankFeeds

Postby Nina Tulic » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:47 pm

Hi Team,

Bank feeds is now becoming a standard feature in many other ERP solutions at this level and would be a great addition to Jiwa.

Thanks
Nina
Nina Tulic
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Topics Solved: 0

Re: BankFeeds

Postby Mike.Sheen » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:03 pm

Nina Tulic wrote:Bank feeds is now becoming a standard feature in many other ERP solutions at this level and would be a great addition to Jiwa.

We'd love to do bank feeds... once the disgusting anti-competitive bank cartels open their APIs to ALL software accounting packages. Currently it's only MYOB or XERO which are able to get bank feeds (BankLink as well, but they were acquired by MYOB).

For example, have a look at this discussion on the Commonwealth Bank community forums.

There are other ways to get the information from your on-line banking via a web browser, but it's clunky and brittle - this page talks about that technique a bit.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 755

Postby Mike.Sheen » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:23 pm

I've begun a discussion on the Whirlpool forums about this in the hope I'll see some information on how to do bank feeds.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Postby RSGaryC » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:42 pm

Nina Tulic wrote:Hi Team,

Bank feeds is now becoming a standard feature in many other ERP solutions at this level and would be a great addition to Jiwa.

Thanks
Nina

I Agree, this is becoming a common question during the sales and implementation stages.
RSGaryC
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: BankFeeds  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:52 pm

We have initial Bank Feed functionality working with 07.01.00.00 and 07.00.175.00.

The documentation and required plugins can be obtained from the Bank Feeds documentation.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Postby Mike.Sheen » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:25 pm

Mike.Sheen wrote:For example, have a look at this discussion on the Commonwealth Bank community forums.

It seems CBA CBF anymore.

commbank_support_community_closed.PNG
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Postby Rhys.C » Tue May 05, 2020 4:11 pm

I was following the steps in the Bank Feeds documentation but I've hit a snag at the 'Add API App' step. The 'Add a new app' fields have changed a bit (see attached) and as a lowly accountant I'm a bit out of my depth.

Is it still possible to get the bank feed working through Xero?
Attachments
Annotation 2020-05-05 150114.png
Rhys.C
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby SBarnes » Thu May 07, 2020 12:20 pm

There is comment on the changes here

https://community.xero.com/developer/di ... /108428763

as well as an example of how to get the oauth security to work here

https://github.com/amc8472/XeroOAuth2

But by the looks of it without a code change I don't think its going to continue to work as it now looks like Xero uses Oauth exclusively.

The only other option beside Jiwa being able to resolve the issue is going to be to download and import either a csv file or qif file from the bank directly without xero involved.
Regards
Stuart Barnes
SBarnes
Shihan
Shihan

Topics Solved: 175

Postby pricerc » Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:14 pm

I believe this has been resolved in 7.2.1 SR9
/Ryan

ERP Consultant,
Advanced ERP Limited, NZ
https://aerp.co.nz
pricerc
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 20

Postby Rhys.C » Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:41 pm

Great to see updated. I followed the guide (https://docs.jiwa.com.au/display/J7UG/Bank+Feeds) and got it working. Yesterday I set it up with a colleague who was able to import transactions. However this morning neither me or my colleague could import transactions with success, getting the message "No transactions found within the date range" with every attempt. There are transactions in Xero. We hadn't saved any imported transaction in the Cash Book yet, we only tested that it worked.

I've deleted and re-imported the plugin. I've deleted and re-configured the Xero app (including updating the ClientID in System Configuration). I've updated to the latest Service Release. Not sure what's changed, besides the start of a new month? I've tried using the bank feed in a Cash Book Payment with 'Date Created: 28/02/2022'. No luck. I'll try again tomorrow morning with today's transactions

Anyone else have this issue? Or any ideas on why this is happening? Thanks.

Edit: 2/3/22 - My colleague was able to successfully import yesterday's (1/3/22) this morning.
Rhys.C
I'm new here
I'm new here

Next

Return to Features and Enhancements