Have Import Processing run ExportXML after ImportXML

Discussion of features and enhancements to the Jiwa product.

Have Import Processing run ExportXML after ImportXML

Postby pricerc » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:47 pm

I've just been doing some pretty cool stuff with SQL queries and the import queue service.

All up, I'm pretty impressed with what I've achieved.

If there is one thing I think would improve it, it would be 'Orthogonality'. Have it give more feedback.

Currently, the import queue is just that, and other than a success/failed status provides no mechanism for detecting the results of an import. Of particular interest to me would be system-generated numbers for things like Sales Orders and Debtors.

For example, in my case, I have an external process that is populating the Import Queue, which then merrily imports my new debtor information. I would then like to grab the DebtorID and/or AccountNo and pass them back to the external system. Currently, I would need to query DB_Main looking for some other key information that I supplied (e.g. AltAccountNo).

I think the simplest way to achieve this would be to add another column, say 'ExportXML', to the ImportQueue. This column could be populated with the results of the 'ExportXML' for whichever business object was being used for the 'ImportXML'.

It would then be possible to just query the ImportQueue table to get the necessary feedback information for the external system, possibly using a generic mechanism that isn't business object specific.

I can imagine a SQL Server job that reviews successful imports, grabs the necessary information for the external system and then flushes the completed imports out of the queue once the external system has been updated.
/Ryan

ERP Consultant,
Advanced ERP Limited, NZ
https://aerp.co.nz
pricerc
Senpai
Senpai

Topics Solved: 20

Return to Features and Enhancements