New St Proc WarehouseSOH Summary  Topic is solved

Discussions relating to plugin development, and the Jiwa API.

New St Proc WarehouseSOH Summary

Postby 2can2 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:46 pm

Hi, I have an issue with the new V70082 st proc Jiwa_Warehouse_SOH_Summary. I had a modified version previously running on V70079 but have now put those changes into the latest standard version with a schema but still have an issue : "Error : Column name or number of supplied values does not match table definition. Module : On Error"
I have just added one extra field "TotalWeight" defined as follows :
1. In the Schema -
-- define Total Weight
INSERT INTO @Schema(Name, Caption, IsVisible, DefaultWidth, IsDrillDown, DrillDownSourceIDColumnName, DrillDownClassNameColumnName, FormatString, DecimalPlacesColumnName)
SELECT 'TotalWeight', 'Total KG', 1, 6, 0, NULL, NULL, NULL, 'QuantityDecimalPlaces'
2. At the end of the Table definition -
TotalForecastWorkOrderOutputWIP DECIMAL(19,6),
TotalWeight DECIMAL(19,6)
)
3. In the Logic -
-- PM Update Total Weight
UPDATE #tmpWarehouseSOH SET TotalWeight = ISNULL((
SELECT SUM(dbo.LON_IN_SOHCustomValues.WeightLeft)
FROM dbo.IN_SOH INNER JOIN
dbo.LON_IN_SOHCustomValues ON dbo.IN_SOH.LinkID = dbo.LON_IN_SOHCustomValues.IN_SOHID
WHERE IN_SOH.InventoryID = @InventoryID AND IN_SOH.IN_LogicalID = #tmpWarehouseSOH.INLogicalID
),0) + 0.01
4. At the end in the table output -
TotalForecastWorkOrderOutputWIP,
TotalWeight,
@DecimalPlaces [QuantityDecimalPlaces]
FROM #tmpWarehouseSOH
GO

Only one field added, same code as used previously so not sure where to now? I have attached full stored proc.
Thanks for the help in advance.
Cheers
Attachments
usp_LON_Warehouse_SOH_Summary2 V70082.TXT
Moded Stored Proc
(11.81 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
2can2
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Topics Solved: 25

Re: New St Proc WarehouseSOH Summary  Topic is solved

Postby Mike.Sheen » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:25 pm

2can2 wrote:"Error : Column name or number of supplied values does not match table definition. Module : On Error"

You need to modify the insert of the temporary column you added the new column to to include an initial value.

I.E.: change
Code: Select all
INSERT INTO #tmpWarehouseSOH
SELECT IN_Logical.IN_LogicalID, IN_Physical.IN_PhysicalID, IN_Logical.Description + ' / ' + IN_Physical.Description, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
FROM IN_Logical JOIN IN_Physical ON (IN_Logical.IN_PhysicalID = IN_Physical.IN_PhysicalID)
ORDER BY IN_Physical.Description, IN_Logical.Description

To

INSERT INTO #tmpWarehouseSOH
SELECT IN_Logical.IN_LogicalID, IN_Physical.IN_PhysicalID, IN_Logical.Description + ' / ' + IN_Physical.Description, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
FROM IN_Logical JOIN IN_Physical ON (IN_Logical.IN_PhysicalID = IN_Physical.IN_PhysicalID)
ORDER BY IN_Physical.Description, IN_Logical.Description, 0

Note the only difference is I added the ,0 to the end of the query.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Topics Solved: 766

Re: New St Proc WarehouseSOH Summary

Postby 2can2 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:54 pm

Excellent, thanks for the rapid reply Mike. So simple!
2can2
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Mike.Sheen » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:34 pm

2can2 wrote:Excellent, thanks for the rapid reply Mike. So simple!

You're welcome :)

I note that you're using the "QuantityDecimalPlaces" column as the source of precision for the new column you added, TotalWeight - but that "QuantityDecimalPlaces" column is set to be the inventory decimal places. I think you may want to change it so it uses a fixed value, ie: 2 or something - otherwise your weight will be displayed always to the precision of the inventory item quantity decimals - which probably isn't what you want - weights are normally a fixed level of precision, unlike quantities.

So, what I would do is:

1. Add a weight decimal places column to the schema:

INSERT INTO @Schema(Name, Caption, IsVisible, DefaultWidth, IsDrillDown, DrillDownSourceIDColumnName, DrillDownClassNameColumnName, FormatString, DecimalPlacesColumnName)
   SELECT 'WeightDecimalPlaces', 'WeightDecimalPlaces', 0, 0, 0, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL

2. Modify your "TotalWeight" schema insert to refer to the new "WeightDecimalPlaces" column for its precision:

SELECT 'TotalWeight', 'Total KG', 1, 6, 0, NULL, NULL, NULL, 'WeightDecimalPlaces'

3. Modify your final SELECT to use a literal for the "WeightDecimalPlaces" column output:

SELECT INLogicalID,
   INPhysicalID,
   WarehouseDescription,
   'JiwaFinancials.Jiwa.JiwaWarehousesUI.frmMain' PhysicalWarehouseDrillDownClassName,
   TotalSOH,
    TotalBackOrder,
   TotalManualBackOrder,
   TotalAutoBackOrder,
   TotalShipComplete,
   TotalWarehouseTransfer,
   TotalUnprocessed,
   TotalForwardRequirements,
   TotalWorkOrderComponentWIP,
   TotalForecastWorkOrderComponentWIP,
   TotalWorkOrderOutputWIP,
   TotalForecastWorkOrderOutputWIP,
   TotalWeight,
   @DecimalPlaces [QuantityDecimalPlaces],
   2 [WeightDecimalPlaces]
FROM #tmpWarehouseSOH

And then your total weight column should always to be to 2 decimals of precision (assuming you wanted that). Note: I've not tested this - there could be errors in my work :)

Mike
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

If I do answer your question to your satisfaction, please mark it as the post solving the topic so others with the same issue can readily identify the solution
Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Postby 2can2 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:27 am

Great Mike. Exactly what I wanted!
I guess this new schema design may have been prompted by my and others wanting a different no of decimals displayed for one field as opposed to the standard master.
Thanks again.
2can2
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Mike.Sheen » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:16 pm

2can2 wrote:Great Mike. Exactly what I wanted!

Excellent - glad to be of help!
2can2 wrote:I guess this new schema design may have been prompted by my and others wanting a different no of decimals displayed for one field as opposed to the standard master.

Yes, that and the fact I hated using hard-to-read XML to populate grids from stored procedures - that made it hard to troubleshoot when things weren't working as expected.
Mike Sheen
Chief Software Engineer
Jiwa Financials

Mike.Sheen
Overflow Error
Overflow Error

Return to Technical and or Programming